Monday, March 7, 2011

No more Debbie Downer!

I'm moving on.  (From my previous posts, I mean.... not from my school.)

I'm going to get back to what I enjoy doing - teaching, finding fun stuff to do in class, getting kids excited about coming to class.  Ok, maybe they don't get excited, but hopefully they don't groan at the thought of coming to math class. :)

Today in precalc we talked about the sum and difference formulas for sine and cosine.  The AP Calc teacher at school told me a story that she tells her kids to help them remember the formulas; a couple of years ago I had a student teacher and actually had a little bit of free time during the day, so I came up with this powerpoint.  (I actually got a few chuckles out of my first period class... they're slowly lightening up!)


No comments: