Monday, September 24, 2012

Organization (#Made4Math)

I found a new website on Friday that I'm going to use for my #Made4Math submission (and this is just a total coincidence because it's a Monday and I was typing this today!).


I've been keeping track of students who don't turn in assignments using Hedge's SWHHW form.  But after having the students fill out the quarter-sheet piece of paper, I wasn't sure what to do with them.  I'd been throwing them in a little crate with the idea of one day sorting them to go so I could talk with parents at conferences about why their son/daughter wasn't doing their homework.  But you all know they were never going to get organized!

Until I saw an app called Three Ring.  It's billed as an app to "Quickly and easily digitize student work and build the resource for authentic assessment in your classroom."  I guess you could use it to take pictures or videos of student work/performances so you have evidence?  Anyway, I'm using it to take pictures of each of the forms the kids fill out (using my iPad, but I think you could do it on your phone, too), and then I can assign it to an individual student (or class, if necessary). It's searchable by student or class.

Here's the link to Three Ring in the app store.



3 comments:

Anna Blinstein said...

Awesome idea! I was doing a similar thing with the notes, but saving the pictures in Evernote (1 note per student, tagged with the class name), but I was worried about my Evernote getting cluttered. This sounds perfect!

KFouss said...

@Anna - Glad I found something that might help someone else, too! I'm really liking Three Ring so far. :)

druin said...

This looks really cool - I shared this post with some of my colleagues :) Thanks so much!