Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'm famous! (ha)

I received a random email last month from Laura McMullen, an education reporter for US News and World Report.  She said she'd found my blog via twitter and wanted to ask me some questions about what I thought was important in choosing a high school.  I emailed her back with some times good to call me and waited nervously for her to call.

I spoke with her the next afternoon and very quickly lost (most of my) anxiety. She was very nice and I was comfortable answering her questions. We chatted for about 20 minutes and the conversation (because it really felt like a conversation as opposed to an "interview") ended with her promising to email me a link to the article when it came out.

I actually heard from Laura again a week or so later because she was looking for someone else to talk to for a different story (I referred her to a friend at my school... I'm not sure if they were able to speak in time for her deadline).

I didn't get any other news from Laura until today when she sent a link to the story.  I have to say that it's the most well-written article I've read in a long, long time. :)

And without further ado....

The story.


1 comment:

Ihor Charischak said...

Congratulations! I'm sure there will be many more references to your teaching & writing in the near future.
-Ihor