Monday, October 18, 2010

A visitor!

A month or so ago, Lisa Henry sent me a tweet saying that she was going to be in Cincinnati on the weekend of Oct 15th and would like to visit at school.  Although it makes me nervous to meet new people (especially those who have a clue what I'm talking about and can tell me how badly I'm doing things), I agreed and was looking forward to her visit.

We got details arranged, decided to wear our Twitter t-shirts (we also had matching long-sleeve shirts on!), and Friday morning she showed up to hang out for a while.  We had a chance to chat for a little bit before my precalc showed up (whose behavior was the worst they've ever been, I might say), then she went down with me to my tutoring period in the library (where she was able to help a calc student with some problems I would've struggled with), we ventured into the cafeteria to find lunch, and she stayed for my first Algebra 2 class of the day.

I normally hate hate hate having other adults in my room observing me.  I get self-conscious, my face turns pink, and I doubt everything that I say.  But it really wasn't like that at all with Lisa here.  I felt like I had a kindred spirit here to talk through ideas with.  I was also able to ask her about the whole SBG thing (which I toyed with over the summer) and talk about her new adventure with the smart board.

It was a fun day.  I was exhausted Friday night.  But it was so totally worth it!

(If you can't tell from the picture, I'm having hair issues.  It's been super short and I'm in the "should I get it cut again" stage right now.  Awkward.)

1 comment:

msgregson said...

this make me so happy!!! wish we could ALL meet at ONCE together!!! z