Friday, September 10, 2010

It's easier to be here.

I'm registered to go to a STEM Conference on Monday at the University of Cincinnati; my department head sent out an e-mail about it last weekend asking if anyone wanted to go.  I always enjoy going to conferences and talking with people, so I volunteered (never mind that it was just a week away).  Just got the listing of sessions to choose from and I may have a hard time keeping myself busy/interested... there's just so much science involved!  (Yeah, I know. SCIENCE Technology Engineering Math.  Whatever.)  But I'll live.

The good news is that it doesn't start until 8:30, which means an extra hour of sleep!  Woo hoo!

I think it was Wednesday of this week when I realized that I'd have to get everything done at school for Monday by today.... for some reason I was thinking that I'd have the weekend to prep.  It's been a little crazy around my desk for the last 24 hours or so while I tried to get stuff together for Monday (Precalc quiz, Algebra 2 review, Algebra 1 "keep them busy worksheet") and still be ready to go on Tuesday, too.  Whew.

Speaking of my Algebra 1 plans... it's so hard to leave a class like this for a day.  They've been great and we've had fun doing different activities and games.  I'm just not sure what to do with them while I'm gone.  Next time I'm out (for a planned thing, anyway) I'll have to see if I can get something together online.  Monday, however, it's just a plain ol' worksheet.  Or I could try and get a puzzle together from tarsia.  Hmm.  I wonder how they'd do without me here.

Edited to add:  Just got my tarsia puzzle together.  I think they'll like it. :)

No comments: