Thursday, May 13, 2010

We're starting surface area today in my Integrated Geometry class (ugh).  I want to go through formulas and such today and practice a few, but was trying to think of something a little more fun to do tomorrow with it....
1.  Get out into the school and measure stuff and find surface area?  (But some of these kiddos can't be trusted with wandering.)

2.  Give them a list of items in the room to find the surface area of?  (A book, a desktop, . . . and then I blanked.)

So I was stuck.  So I went to my wonderful diigo links and did a search for surface area.  Found these gems:

a.  Math Teacher Mambo: Surface Area Activity
b.  Maths Class: Surface Area and Chocolate

I'm still trying to decide what to do, but I have a little bit of time. And right now I'm all about last minute.  Guess that means I should go make my copies for today's 6th and 7th period classes!

No comments: