Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The projects are finally done (after a one day extension and some issues with videos). Today in class we had our "gallery walk" where the kids had the chance to see and make comments on the other projects. Then they voted on their favorite project (the winners will get some extra credit).

These were the two winners:







I'm pretty sure they voted for the second glog because of the kid in the video at the bottom. He's a former class member who was the charismatic sort that all of the kids liked.

I haven't had much of a chance to look through them all, but I was really impressed with the kids who used Prezi. It's definitely harder to figure out than Glogster is! But it's so cool when it's done.

This is one that the kids enjoyed. Here's another. I wish they'd figured out how to get their videos on them (I know it's possible) but they didn't. One group did a Harry Patter video that took them three hours (with an admitted "wii" break in the middle).

We've had some issues at school lately with a conversion of our computers to a new system. They did the teachers' several weeks ago and are slowly getting to all of the labs and carts. Yesterday (of course) they decided to do the cart that the kids were using. One girl lost her whole project (she did a powerpoint and hadn't uploaded it to empressr yet even though it was due today) but everything else turned out ok. Hopefully the lost files can be recovered. Our fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

Amor8 said...

Hey K! Love the projects! Is there a way to get to the glogster project & do the "interactive" stuff. I tried clicking on it to make it bigger, but I didn't get anywhere??

KFouss said...

I guess when they're embedded you can't do much with them (though the videos work). I just added links to the glogs underneat - I think that'll help. :)

Thanks for checking them out, Sherry!