Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My tablet's been sent away to have some repair work done, so I'm borrowing a fellow math teacher's for the time being (he got a new tablet this year because he's an e-coach). It's killing me! Sure, I have the tablet (which is nice) but I'm missing a lot of the things that I have on my desktop.... and didn't think to save to my network storage before I gave my computer away. :(

One big thing that I'm missing is my inability to use Diigo to save links - I actually e-mailed myself one earlier today! I was just about to do that again when I thought about putting them on here so I can come back to them later.

1. This is a link to an article about Michelle Duggar, who is pregnant with her 19th child. (Can you imagine?! I can't - my two drive me crazy!) The projections near the bottom are funny. It would be something to show my algebra 2 classes when we get to exponential functions.

2. I've been thinking that it might be fun to try out a slide rule with my precalc kids when we do logs. Here's a link to a tutorial (hopefully it'll be a good for a first timer, too!).

3. I discovered last year that my Integrated kids really enjoyed looking at optical illusions. Seriously, they got really excited when I found some new ones. Here's a cool one that Sol at Wild About Math found.

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll be adding to this as I'm tablet-less!

No comments: